About the product
- Performs cable withstand testing, cable diagnosis, and sheath fault pinpointing
- Smallest and lightest unit on the market in its class
- Unique user-experience, thanks to a large, colour touch screen
- Automatic result interpretation as per latest IEEE 400.2 standard
- High safety, thanks to its analogue residual voltage indicator
The VLF Sine 62 kV, with integrated tan delta, is a compact, robust, and portable high-performance VLF sine wave test system for medium voltage cables.
The 62 kV tester is a multifunctional tool. In addition to VLF and DC testing, it can also perform sheath testing and sheath fault pinpointing when used in combination with the step voltage probe ESG NT/ NT2. Furthermore, the optional internal tan delta expands the system to assess both cable integrity and condition. The smart VLF system automatically adjusts the test frequency to the cable length, making even tests on 35 kV rated cables (up to 25 km) easy and reliable.
Field operations require no external computer. Equipped with intuitive operating software and a large internal memory, the VLF sine wave 62 kV evaluates and stores all data automatically.
Using either a USB port or wireless connection to mobile end-device (coming soon), datasets can be easily exported and processed for report generation via the PC software MeggerBook Lite (included in delivery). What's more, you can review all performed measurements either immediately or at a later point in time on the unit itself.
- Test type
- Test type
Software and firmware updates
MeggerBook & MeggerBook Lite Software
A lot is new in version 3.4.0.
• Clear and chronologically ordered activity history
• Dedicated timeline view for single cable
• Modern UI with two themes
• Compatibility with the new generation of test vans (updates also available) and VLF testers
• Possibility to define own evaluation criteria for VLF tests and TanDelta measurements
• Cable condition assessment
• Top-notch search and filter functions
• Custom curve colours
• PDF import
• Database backup solution
⦁ Improved cable editor
⦁ Cable route can now be drawn on map
⦁ Additional diagram and marker functions
⦁ Improved report page navigation
⦁ Improved distance filtering
⦁ Simplifications in license activation and management
⦁ JSON file importing improved.
⦁ Improved scaling of PDF preview
The setup file below is suitable for the installation of both MeggerBook (full version) and MeggerBook Lite (free limited version). For further information read the MeggerBook quick start guide
When started with after adding the electronic license key into the installed software, the software starts as MeggerBook full version which allows for easy and comprehensive data evaluation, data archiving, cable management and report creation. A personal quotation for a certain number of licenses can be requested here . The new electronic license key allows for 3 devices to have MeggerBook full version installed on them.
The dongle key licenses from older versions of MeggerBook are not supported with this newer version. Updated electronic license keys can be requested here for previous customers.
Without the required software license key the software starts as MeggerBook Lite which allows for seamless report creation and offers some of the features as the full version while limiting the data storage options as follows:
• Measurements, analyses and reports are not permanently stored in the database
• While cable import and storage are not limited, a maximum of 5 cables can be created using the cable editor of the Lite Edition
At this time, the software can handle the measurement and test data of the following Megger devices:
Test vans: Centrix, Centrix City, Compact City, R30, Variant
Test systems: VLF Sine Wave 45 / 62, VLF CR 40/60, TDS 40/60
TDRs: Teleflex VX(-P), Teleflex SX
Note for test systems VLF Sine Wave 45 and VLF Sine Wave 62:
Data of these test systems can only be imported into the software, if the test systems is equipped with firmware version 3.14 or higher.
VLF Sine Wave 62 Firmware
Only for use with the non-touchscreen version of the instrument
Important: When upgrading from a firmware version <3.14 make sure to export all the test data you may still need for reporting purposes to a USB flash drive. Due to a change in the data format, old data will not be available for export after the update!
1. Extract the zip archive to the root folder of your USB flash drive.
2. Plug the USB flash drive in your VLF Sinus test system and turn it on.
3. Access the system menu via the "S" menu item.
4. Select the "Up Date" menu item. The USB flash drive is scanned for appropriate firmware and language files which are then offered for selection.
5. Scroll down and select the application file (.img). The firmware update starts and may take a few minutes.
6. After the update has been finished, the system reboots automatically.
7. Perform steps 3 to 4 again to install your preferred language file(s).