About the product
- Test capacity of up to 1 0μF – that’s up to 40 km or 25.8 miles of cable at reduced frequency and voltage
- Internal tan delta option with automatic results interpretation
- One minute burn after fault detection
- Automatic frequency adjustment based on cable length
- Adjustable DC pulse rates of 1:3 and 1:4
- IEEE compliant withstand testing for new installations up to 25 kV
- IEEE 400.2 compliant maintenance testing up to 35 kV
- IEC 60229 compliant sheath testing up to 20 kV DC
The VLF Sine Wave 45 kV is a compact VLF sine wave test system with optional integrated tan delta. It is a useful instrument for the commissioning, testing, and condition analysis of medium voltage cables. This unit performs very low frequency (VLF), DC, and sheath integrity testing as well as sheath fault pinpointing when combined with the optional ESG NT step voltage probe. Ideal for both routine testing and complicated diagnostics, the VLF Sine Wave 45 kV has a multi-purpose design with a continuous duty cycle.
For 0.1 Hz sine wave, rectangular, or DC voltage tests, the VLF Sine Wave 45 kV provides enhanced voltage quality and stability. In the event of excessive charge, its current integrated breakdown detection shuts down the test, ensuring limited damage to the cable. Up to 1000 measurements can be stored in the internal memory and results can be viewed on the unit or downloaded via the USB drive to the included Easyprot software for reporting.
An optional internal tan delta test is available that automatically evaluates results for PE, XLPE, and PILC type cables based on insulation and selected compliance standard.
- Test type
- Test type
Software and firmware updates
MeggerBook & MeggerBook Lite Software
A lot is new in version 3.4.0.
• Clear and chronologically ordered activity history
• Dedicated timeline view for single cable
• Modern UI with two themes
• Compatibility with the new generation of test vans (updates also available) and VLF testers
• Possibility to define own evaluation criteria for VLF tests and TanDelta measurements
• Cable condition assessment
• Top-notch search and filter functions
• Custom curve colours
• PDF import
• Database backup solution
⦁ Improved cable editor
⦁ Cable route can now be drawn on map
⦁ Additional diagram and marker functions
⦁ Improved report page navigation
⦁ Improved distance filtering
⦁ Simplifications in license activation and management
⦁ JSON file importing improved.
⦁ Improved scaling of PDF preview
The setup file below is suitable for the installation of both MeggerBook (full version) and MeggerBook Lite (free limited version). For further information read the MeggerBook quick start guide
When started with after adding the electronic license key into the installed software, the software starts as MeggerBook full version which allows for easy and comprehensive data evaluation, data archiving, cable management and report creation. A personal quotation for a certain number of licenses can be requested here . The new electronic license key allows for 3 devices to have MeggerBook full version installed on them.
The dongle key licenses from older versions of MeggerBook are not supported with this newer version. Updated electronic license keys can be requested here for previous customers.
Without the required software license key the software starts as MeggerBook Lite which allows for seamless report creation and offers some of the features as the full version while limiting the data storage options as follows:
• Measurements, analyses and reports are not permanently stored in the database
• While cable import and storage are not limited, a maximum of 5 cables can be created using the cable editor of the Lite Edition
At this time, the software can handle the measurement and test data of the following Megger devices:
Test vans: Centrix, Centrix City, Compact City, R30, Variant
Test systems: VLF Sine Wave 45 / 62, VLF CR 40/60, TDS 40/60
TDRs: Teleflex VX(-P), Teleflex SX
Note for test systems VLF Sine Wave 45 and VLF Sine Wave 62:
Data of these test systems can only be imported into the software, if the test systems is equipped with firmware version 3.14 or higher.
VLF Sine Wave 45 Firmware
Important: When upgrading from a firmware version <3.14 make sure to export all the test data you may still need for reporting purposes to a USB flash drive. Due to a change in the data format, old data will not be available for export after the update!
1. Extract the zip archive to the root folder of your USB flash drive.
2. Plug the USB flash drive in your VLF Sinus test system and turn it on.
3. Access the system menu via the "S" menu item.
4. Select the "Up Date" menu item. The USB flash drive is scanned for appropriate firmware and language files which are then offered for selection.
5. Scroll down and select the application file (.img). The firmware update starts and may take a few minutes.
6. After the update has been finished, the system reboots automatically.
7. Perform steps 3 to 4 again to install your preferred language file(s).