- Short-circuit proof
- Equipped with new circuity to keep burn-down power constant
- Maximal burn-down current of 25 A
- Burn-down voltage continuously variable from 0 to 15 kV
- Indication of output current and voltage
- Integrated start interlock circuit and discharging device
- Pulse mode for earth fault location
The T22/13B 15 kV burn-down unit is a very powerful, portable, high voltage instrument which is primarily used for locating faults in low and medium voltage power cables of, mains, and control cables. It is primarily used for burning down high impedance and intermittent cable faults in low and medium voltage power supply networks. In addition, it can be used in conjunction with the appropriate connecting devices and a time domain reflectometer (TDR) for prelocation using the arc reflection method (ARM).
The high output power and short circuit of the T22/13B make it possible in many cases to convert high impedance and intermittent cable faults into low impedance shunts up to dead short circuits without difficulty or to dry wet cable sections. The shockproof enclosure of all high voltage parts of the unit and automatic discharging of the test object after shutdown/power failure guarantee maximum protection for the operator and the equipment.