About the product
- Up to 2000 A output
- Smallest primary injection test system in its class
- First unit on the market to eliminate variac control
- Output current regulation
- Designed for switchgear commissioning, circuit breaker, CT commissioning, ground grid, and relay testing
- Software includes thousands of circuit breaker TCC curves
The SPI225 is a high current primary injection test system for all forms of high current testing required in a substation, including testing overcurrent relays, circuit breakers, motor overloads, and current transformers. A single SPI225 is designed to test low voltage molded-case circuit breakers up to a rating of 225 A.
The SPI system is the first high current test system to permit a user to type in a predetermined current and the SPI system will generate and regulate the requested high current without preheating the test sample by pulsing the output current at high currents. The SPI system also has the unique ability to turn on at the current zero crossing every time for any load by automatically adjust the output firing angle. This eliminates DC offset for every circuit breaker type and the need for the user to determine and adjust the firing angle for different loads and circuit breakers.
All SPI systems are both fully automated and/or manually controlled. The Smart Touch View Interface (STVI) gives you the ability to manually control the unit and also perform automated testing. The SPI225 can also be controlled by a PC for fully automatic testing and report generation.
- Max output current (AC)
- 2000 A
- Output type
- Automatically regulated
Software and firmware updates
USB Memory Stick:
- With the SPI and STVI powered up, insert the USB memory stick into the USB port on top of the STVI.
- Press the Configuration Screen button, and then press the Update Firmware button in the Configuration Screen.
- At that point the user will be presented with the IP Address selection screen, with the serial number of the unit. Select the unit by touching the serial number and the upgrade process will automatically start. That’s all there is to it.
- Observe the STVI display screen, and the unit. At the completion of the download, there will be an instruction to reboot (turn off and back on) the test system.
PC and STVI Software:
- If using the PC version of the STVI software, it is very similar to the STVI. Upon clicking on the Update Firmware button, the familiar Windows Open File browser dialog box will appear.
- Using the Look In pull-down menu, navigate to where the new firmware was downloaded onto the PC, click on the file SPI_Firmware__X.XXX.ldr (SPI Loader).
- You will be requested to select a unit from the IP Address screen. Select the unit by clicking on the serial number and the upgrade process will automatically start.
- At the completion of the download, there will be an instruction to reboot (turn off and back on) the test system.
- Note that after rebooting the SPI unit, if using the PC version of the STVI software you will have to restart the STVI software on your PC in order to regain control of the SPI unit
Onboard install files are for FREJA, RTMS, SMRT and STVI local device installation.
PC install is for remote operation of a wide range of Megger test instruments including FREJA, RTMS, SMRT, STVI and BITE5.
Released: May, 2022. For the latest version (11.3.1.011) please download here