About the product
- Automated eight-terminal/six-winding measurement capability
- Interchangeable lead set with the Megger three-phase series of TTRs
- Simultaneous winding magnetization for fast and accurate DC winding resistance measurements of high inductive loads
- Tests operation of on-load tap changers
- Built-in auto-demagnetization feature
- Automatic discharge
- One-time connection principle results in a 4x faster setup time
The MTO300 series of automated six-winding transformer ohmmeters delivers full eight-terminal/six-winding resistance measurement capability. It's designed to save you time by testing all normal six windings without having to disconnect and reconnect leads during testing. Also, the simultaneous winding magnetization (SWM) method gives fast and reliable measurements, even on large transformers with delta configuration on the low voltage side.
Additionally, the MTO300 series leads are interchangeable with the Megger TTR300 series of three-phase turns ratio instruments, eliminating additional connecting time for turns ratio measurements. So, if you need to test both turns ratio and winding resistance, you can save time and money since only one lead set is needed to connect to the transformer.
The series consists of the MTO300 and the MTO330A:
- The MTO300 base model is designed to be remote controlled via PowerDB software on an external PC or a Megger transformer test product with on-board computer.
- The MTO330A offers the same functionality as the MTO300 but is equipped with an industrial grade, 12-inch touch controller. The display is designed to operate in direct sunlight (1600 nits brightness), and all the components are rated to operate from -20 °C to +50 °C. An additional feature that has been added to the MTO330A is the “safety shutdown” which automatically saves results and properly shuts controller down in the event of an abrupt power disruption.
- Max output current (DC)
- 10 A
- Single-phase/3-phase capability
Software and firmware updates
MTO 210/330 Firmware and Software Updates
The Megger Valley Forge, USA factory and select Megger Authorized Service Centers (ASCs) can perform updates. If you do not feel capable of performing updates properly, please contact your nearest Megger sales representative for information on where to return your instrument for updates.
Carefully read all instructions and backup your data before performing any updates.
Only update the firmware or software if you are experiencing difficulty with your instrument or if you have a specific need to do so.
!! WARNING !!
Incorrect installation of updates and incomplete updates may cause an error and make the equipment unusable.
If damage occurs from improper updates, customer is responsible for repair costs.
MTO210 Upgrade Installer
1. Install PowerDB Upgrade (11) [optional]
2. Install Firmware Upgrade:
a. MTO 210 Upgrade Instructions
b. Download MTO 210 Upgrade Installer
MTO330 Brother PocketJet 6 Installer
1. PowerDB PC Upgrade [Optional]. DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON THE MTO 330
2. Download Brother PocketJet 6 Installer [Accessories]:
a. MTO 330 Brother PocketJet 6 Install Instructions
b. Download MTO 330 Brother PocketJet 6 Installer
Transformer Test Instrument Software Updates for MTO330A
Please read these instructions before performing the update, you can download them here.
The following components have been updated:
PowerDB ________________ V11.2.10
MTOTestXP ______________ 2019.12.03.1
Delta Manual Control ______________ 184.108.40.206.0
Instrument Config ______ 1.0.20023.1919
Splash Screen __________ 1.0.21075.830
Factory Config _________ 1.0.21122.850
Megger Update Manager __ 1.0.21165.1032
- Megger recommends that you return your instrument annually for calibration verification.
- Any instrument returned for re-calibration will be updated with the latest firmware and software versions.
- Certified Factory Calibration is valid for one year.
Incorrect installation of updates or incomplete updates may cause the equipment to become unusable.
If damage occurs from improper updates, the customer may be responsible for repair costs.
Software updates for MTO330A
Download this zip file, extract, and run the executable.