- Test voltage up to ±10 kV DC
- Up to 750 mA continuous current, also suitable for burning
- Adjustable current limiter
- Bipolar measurement for the highest accuracy
- Only one single removable high voltage connection cable needed
- Easy Go operation via jogdial and touch screen
- Automatic measurement and protocolling
The MFM10-1 is a sheath fault location system for the testing, pre-location, and pinpointing of sheath faults. It is easy to use, precise, and fast. It works using the menu-supported 'Easy Go' test system, which is intuitive to operate, interprets the results, and requires minimal training. As such, the MFM10-1 can automatically test the cables and evaluate the measured data, giving you a fast, easy, and reliable tool to test the insulation of cable sheaths, and to pre-locate and pinpoint any detected faults.
Additionally, the bipolar pre-location feature supports the detection of galvanic and thermoelectric influences and increases the pre-location accuracy and quality. A multi-section facility permits the entry of cable segments with different parameters and difficult cable faults can be 'burned', thanks to the available high current of up to 750 mA. The MFM 10-1 can also use its integrated protocolling feature with the approved MeggerBook RE software to easily generate test reports.