- Powerful test and burning system
- Continuous testing with AC voltages up to 100 kV RMS at 5 kVA
- Own noise-level below 1 %
- Built-in overcurrent protection
- DC testing up to 130 kV with optional rectifier
- Suitable for sensitive partial discharge (PD) measurements
The HPA 100 AC series and 130 DC 100 kV 50 Hz high voltage test systems are powerful test sets designed for mounting in cable test vans. They have been designed to test low to medium types of capacitive objects such as transformers, switchgears, isolated busbars, and bushings and can be used for testing cable systems and for burning down high resistance cable faults with a high breakdown voltage.
The HPA 100 series is made up of four units according to need:
- HPA 100: This goes up to 100 kVRMS AC only
- HPA 110: This goes up to 110 kVRMS AC only
- HPA 120: This goes up to 120 kVRMS AC only
- HPA 130: This goes up to 100 kVRMS AC and/or 130 kVRMS DC
The HPA130 test set can be equipped with a rectifier attachment for DC testing up to 130 kV. Since the noise level of the test system is below 1 %, it is also suitable as a voltage source for partial discharge (PD) measurements.
The two-piece design of the HPA 100 series allows the operator to use the unit at a safe distance. The control unit is used for controlling the high voltage transformer. The unit consists of a variac, current/voltage display instruments, a timer for the test duration, and a safety circuit.