- Elliptical clamp shape improves access to earth cables and straps up to 50 mm
- Low maintenance flat jaw interface
- Measures ground resistance from 0.05 Ω to 1500 Ω
- Measures true RMS ground leakage current from 0.5 mA rms to 35 A rms
- CAT IV 600 V safety rating
- Backlit LCD display
The DET14C and DET24C digital earth/ground clamps represent a new generation of clamp-on resistance testers. These instruments induce a test current into earth systems and measure ground resistance in multi-ground installations without needing to disconnect the ground. They offer market leading access, advanced features, simple operation, and CAT IV 600 V safety protection.
This clamp-on stakeless ground tester can also:
- Balance elements of a ground to mitigate noise
- Balance ground circuits
- Measure continuity of ground circuits in headends and hubs
The DET14C and DET24C also offer a true RMS AC current measurement facility up to 35 Amps. The instrument’s ability to measure current flowing in an earth cable is a useful safety feature, especially if the earth cable has to be disconnected.
The elliptical shaped head design offers improved access to cables and earth straps in space constrained locations. The clamp head accommodates up to 37 mm diameter cable and 50 mm earth tapes making them suitable for use in power stations, substations, towers, and many other facilities.
The DET14C can store results for later on-screen recall and with the DET24C, you can download results via Bluetooth® into PowerDB or PowerDB Lite (Megger’s acceptance and maintenance test data management software). Stored data is indexed using a sequential serial number together with a time and date stamp for each record.