- Digital signal processing (DSP) technology
- Variable pulse time and firing-angle output current control
- Modular, portable design
- Tests a wide range of circuit breakers
- Complies with NEMA AB-4 test guidelines
The DDA-1600 circuit breaker tester incorporates proven transformer design with the latest development in high current instrumentation and control. This new design means the DDA-1600 is fully compliant with NEMA AB-4 test guidelines. Ideally suited for industrial, utility, and testing service company use,
the DDA-1600 is designed to maintain and test low voltage power circuit breakers rated to 1600-ampere frame size.
This circuit breaker test instrument also incorporates the new Model DDA-1 digital data acquisition instrumentation and control system, providing increased control of output current and high accuracy metering of the breaker under test.
The DDA-1600 provides you with a portable, economical, high current source for primary injection testing, as well as all the controls, instrumentation, and output capabilities to test low voltage circuit breakers in a three-module configuration:
- Module 1: Controller and instrumentation module contains all the control circuitry and instrumentation needed for manually testing low voltage circuit breakers.
- Module 2: Power module contains the coarse and finecurrent controls, along with the SCR initiate package.
- Module 3: Output module contains the high current output transformer and the current sensors.
Each module is housed in its own rugged, compact enclosure. The DDA-1600 comes complete with all interconnect cables, is easily transported, and may be connected to the test device by cables or stab assemblies.