- Automates battery voltage measurement during capacity tests
- 'Daisy-chain' design allows expandability up to 2x120 cells
- High accuracy and stability for precise data collection
- Integrates with TORKEL Win and PowerDB Test Data Management software
- Wide voltage range
- Easy set-up with many options for connecting the BVM system to a battery bank
The Megger BVM is a battery voltage monitor used for the capacity testing of large, industrial battery banks commonly found in electrical power sub-stations, telecom facilities, and computer data center UPS systems. When used in conjunction with a load device, such as the TORKEL unit, and test data management software, such as PowerDB and TORKEL Win, the BVM enables you to perform a completely automated battery bank capacity test, according to IEC test method. The test also meets NERC/FERC requirements.
The BVM is designed in modular form where one BVM device is used for each battery or 'jar' in the string to be tested. One BVM for each battery connects to the next in a 'daisy-chain' fashion (up to 2x120 units), thereby providing easy and economical expandability to meet the testing requirements for small to large battery bank systems.
Setting up the BVM system for a test is quick and easy. Each BVM unit is identical and can be connected in any battery test position, thus providing maximum flexibility and interchangeability of the BVMs. The BVM 'Auto Discovery' feature enables the host device to automatically determine the number of batteries under test and provide sequential identification of each BVM unit in the test string.