- Trace cables and conductors in walls
- Works on both live and dead cables or conductors
- Locate conductor breaks and short circuits
- Identify fuses and circuit breakers
- Trace conductors buried in the ground
- Trace metal water and heating pipes
- Visual and audible signal strength indication
- Non-contact voltage detector (receiver)
- Automatic or manual sensitivity adjustment
- Built-in torch (receiver)
The kit for the Megger MCT105 cable locator includes a separate transmitter and receiver. The instrument is designed to help detect and trace cables or metallic conductors in walls or buried underground and can locate and identify fuses or breakers on electrical circuits. It can also find breaks or short circuits in cables and electrical underfloor heating systems and can be used for tracing metal water and heating pipes.
The transmitter operates on 5 voltage ranges: 12 V, 50 V, 120 V, 230 V, and 400 V, as well as generating a signal on dead or isolated cables and conductors. The receiver offers either automatic or manual adjustment of the signal sensitivity for increased accuracy and can detect buried cables up to a depth of 2.5 M. Both units include an auto power off feature and low battery indicators.